Allied Arts coordinates exhibitions of artwork of students from City schools in the Mayor’s office conference room in City Hall. Exhibitions include the work of students from:
- Battle Academy “Memories: Silhouettes in Collage”
- White Oak Elementary “Chattanooga Up Close and Abstract”
- Barger Academy of Fine Arts “Chattanooga Impressions”
- Howard Elementary “Chattanooga: My Community”
- Calvin Donaldson Elementary “Views of Chattanooga”
- Weekend Academy, Inc. “New Perspectives: How young photographers see the world”
- Center for Creative Arts “Reflections on the Angles”
- Normal Park Museum Magnet “A Few of Our Favorite Chattanooga Things”
Artists include Dennis Palmer, Jas Milam, Stacey Callaway-Alverson, Juanita Tumelaire and Carla Rose worked with the students.
Allied Arts coordinated a a student art exhibition on May 18, 2004 at the Hamilton County Courthouse titled “Falling Water in Bloom” from Falling Water Elementary School’s block printing residency with artist Juanita Tumelaire. The exhibition was hosted by County Mayor Claude Ramsey, Commissioner Fred Skillern and Commissioner Charlotte Vandergriff. January 25, 2005 Birchwood ElementarySchool students premiered their art exhibit “Animal Worlds” at the Hamilton County Courthouse. This art exhibition was a collaberation of visual arts, taught by artist in residence Cameron Montague, and the schools’ state mandated scientific curriculum.
The artist-in-residence program was produced by the Association for Visual Artists through a grant from Allied Arts and the Tennessee Arts Commission.